Urban Leauge Of Flint 2014 Salute To Black Scholars Tribute
208 Reasons to Say that Achievement Matters
For 71 years The Urban League of Flint has maintained a level of presence in the community, at various levels. One thing that has never faltered during its’ existence is the Salute to Black Scholars Tribute. This year marks the 32nd Annual Scholars Program and area students have not failed to shine county wide.
• 208 students county-wide have a cumulative 3.0 or greater and will be recognized at this year’s Tribute program
• The program is similar to an honors program, wherein the students from all the high schools are present, they all receive certificates of achievement, and then based on corporate, community, organization, and individual, sponsorships obtained by committee efforts, are awarded scholarships as well. We also highlight many of community scholarships already given by area sororities, fraternities, civic, and community groups.
• North Star Baptist Church, 1657 Broadway, Flint, Michigan 48506
• Because you can’t say enough how much education matters in the future of our young people and casting a positive light on that is very important
• We often forget how important academics are, not that athletics aren’t good, or other forms of achievement, but we are happy to highlight the academic achievements
When: Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. – free admission
Contacts, questions or information please call or send email to email@example.com or call (810)-766-3808.
See Our Tribute of 2014 Salute To Black Scholars next week in the CPSA Courier News